Swift Metal Lean Manufacturing & 5S
Updated: Jun 18
Lean Manufacturing at Swift Metal
Lean Manufacturing is a system developed to educate people about process efficiency. A culture is instilled in the Swift Metal team, driving towards an overall growth strategy in flexibility, quality assurance, transparency, standardisation, empowering teams and encouraging continuous improvement. As a result, this improves our efficiency by reducing wasted effort and focusing on value adding activity.
5S at Swift Metal
Additionally 5S training is the driving force for any organisational change. As well as providing a clean, organised and highly efficient working environment. The Swift Metal team is trained in this, hence helping to encourage continuous improvement.
The 5S Steps are:
1. Sort – elimination of unnecessary work items.
2. Set in Order – efficient & effective storage systems
3. Shine – cleaning requirements & systems
4. Standardize – establishment of best practice as a standard process
5. Sustain – strategy development to sustain best practice into routine
A place for everything – and everything in its place!