Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. understands that many people are concerned about how their personal information that companies may collect and retain may be used, and accordingly Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of any information that the company holds about its customers. Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. is committed to the National Privacy Principles and to complying with the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
The sort of information that Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. collects
We collect information (‘the Information’) in a number of ways, including:
- when customers purchase online;
- when customers register their product warranty, either by posting in registration cards or by registering online on our website;
- when customers submit an enquiry or book a service call;
- consumers respond to promotional offers or competitions.
Why your information is collected and how it is used by Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd.
Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. collects the Information to provide you with the specific services you require and to administer these services, such as those mentioned above, and we wish to ensure that our service levels are always of the highest standard. Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. also uses the Information:
- to send you information (either by email or post) that you explicitly request. (Note: If at any time you receive material that you did not request or if you no longer want to receive such material, see correcting and updating your profile below)
- to promote and market to you details of other products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, including information about special offers and competitions; and
- for our internal marketing, research and analysis purposes to assist us in better understanding our market, our customers, their needs and their views about our products and services.
Disclosure of personal information
Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply personal information to third parties outside our organization without your consent except where:
- such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988;
- Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. is required or authorized by law to disclose information;
- Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. has outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you.
For the purpose of research or analysis, Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. develops aggregate or summary (i.e. not individual) reports which incorporate some of the Information. These reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
Security of personal information
Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. takes all reasonable care to keep the information secure and confidential, and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under our control. These security measures include:
- restricting and securing access to Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd.’s databases and to this end we shall implement appropriate safeguards;
- unauthorised use of or access to the Information by our employees, contractors or agents will be regarded as a serious breach of our policy and will be subject to appropriate disciplinary or other action.
Correcting and updating your profile
Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. wishes to ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date. Should the personal particulars which you have lodged with us change or are incorrect, please advise us, especially if we are to provide requested services without disruption. If you wish to gain access to or correct the Information that Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. has collected about you, or you wish to be removed from any of Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd.’s mailing lists or databases, or you wish to request that you no longer receive information from Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd., or you wish to cancel or amend services to which you subscribe, you may contact Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. directly by telephone, e-mail, fax or post. You may be required to submit your request in writing for security reasons.
- Please note that if at any time Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, Swift Metal Services Pty. Ltd. must cooperate fully.